While driving to work I was hit by another vehicle. What happens if the other driver does not have insurance?
If you were driving a vehicle for work, during the course of your employment with your company, and were hit, whether or not you were at fault, you may be eligible to make a workers’ compensation claim. This type of an accident claim can be complex. The first thing you should do is talk to us at Placidi, Parini, Grasinger & Page so we can look at the circumstances of your accident.
If the alleged at-fault driver does not have vehicle insurance, which is common in Pennsylvania, you can be left in a very difficult situation because you cannot be compensated for your injuries. In an ideal world, both drivers involved in the accident would have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage that acts to protect drivers from accidents. Despite the difficulty of seeking compensation from an uninsured motorist, there are ways to make that happen. At Placidi, Parini, Grasinger & Page, we can outline the process for you during your first, free case consultation.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can A Passenger Be Liable For A Car Accident?
- How Do I Know If The Insurance Company Offered Me Fair Settlement?
- How Much Money Can I Expect As A Passenger in a Car Accident?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident and Was Pretty Badly Injured. Do I Have to File a Claim Under Her Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident, but Had No Immediate Injuries. Now, I Feel My Injuries, What Should I Do?
- I Was The Victim of a Hit and Run Accident. What Should I Do Now?
- Should I Release My Medical Records to Another Driver’s Insurance Company?
- What Can You Do If You Are Injured in a Car Accident by an Uninsured Driver?
- What If The Other Driver’s Insurance Company Wants to Take a Recorded Statement?
- What Is A Reportable Accident in Pennsylvania?
- What Is The Difference Between Limited Tort and Full Tort Insurance Coverage?
- What Is The Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania?
- What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident in Erie?
- When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?
- While Driving to Work I Was Hit By Another Vehicle. What Happens If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
- Who May Be At Fault in a Weather Related Accident in Pennsylvania?
I would recommend them to anyone and have.
John is a great attorney. John and his staff promptly return calls and emails when you have questions and concerns not only when the process starts but all the way to completion. John and his staff have been a godsend throughout. I would recommend them to anyone and have.