I was the victim of a hit and run accident. What should I do now?
One of the first things that you need to do is to call the police and get them to write an accident report. Having documentation to prove you were in an accident and that you reported the accident is going to help you later. The police do not just write up a report they also attempt to track down witnesses or interview any that are at the scene of the crash.
Next you should report the accident to your insurance company. Many insurance companies require that you report the accident as soon as possible. Pennsylvania uninsured motorist coverage (UM) does cover injuries sustained in a hit and run accident. If you do not have a police report, then your chance at recovering compensation may disappear.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can A Passenger Be Liable For A Car Accident?
- How Do I Know If The Insurance Company Offered Me Fair Settlement?
- How Much Money Can I Expect As A Passenger in a Car Accident?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident and Was Pretty Badly Injured. Do I Have to File a Claim Under Her Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident, but Had No Immediate Injuries. Now, I Feel My Injuries, What Should I Do?
- I Was The Victim of a Hit and Run Accident. What Should I Do Now?
- Should I Release My Medical Records to Another Driver’s Insurance Company?
- What Can You Do If You Are Injured in a Car Accident by an Uninsured Driver?
- What If The Other Driver’s Insurance Company Wants to Take a Recorded Statement?
- What Is A Reportable Accident in Pennsylvania?
- What Is The Difference Between Limited Tort and Full Tort Insurance Coverage?
- What Is The Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania?
- What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident in Erie?
- When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?
- While Driving to Work I Was Hit By Another Vehicle. What Happens If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
- Who May Be At Fault in a Weather Related Accident in Pennsylvania?
I would recommend them to anyone and have.
John is a great attorney. John and his staff promptly return calls and emails when you have questions and concerns not only when the process starts but all the way to completion. John and his staff have been a godsend throughout. I would recommend them to anyone and have.