I was the victim of a hit and run accident. What should I do now?

One of the first things that you need to do is to call the police and get them to write an accident report. Having documentation to prove you were in an accident and that you reported the accident is going to help you later. The police do not just write up a report they also attempt to track down witnesses or interview any that are at the scene of the crash.

Next you should report the accident to your insurance company. Many insurance companies require that you report the accident as soon as possible. Pennsylvania uninsured motorist coverage (UM) does cover injuries sustained in a hit and run accident. If you do not have a police report, then your chance at recovering compensation may disappear.

Other Car Accident FAQs:


I would recommend them to anyone and have.

John is a great attorney. John and his staff promptly return calls and emails when you have questions and concerns not only when the process starts but all the way to completion. John and his staff have been a godsend throughout. I would recommend them to anyone and have.

At our firm, we are familiar with car accidents and understand that all collisions are not the same, so our approach to each case is also different. Your Erie personal injury lawyer from MP2 Placidi & Parini has your back.