I was involved in a car accident and was pretty badly injured. Do I have to file a claim under the other driver's personal injury protection (PIP) coverage?
Pennsylvania is a choice no-fault car insurance state. Under this system, your car insurance will cover medical treatment expenses regardless of who was at fault. Those who purchase no-fault coverage when buying car insurance will be able to file a claim under their personal injury protection (PIP) coverage.
Moreover, when purchasing car insurance in Pennsylvania, drivers have to choose between “limited tort” and “full tort” coverage. Limited tort insurance limits the ability to sue for pain and suffering in case of a car accident. Full tort means that individuals can sue for all damages in an even of a car accident.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can A Passenger Be Liable For A Car Accident?
- How Do I Know If The Insurance Company Offered Me Fair Settlement?
- How Much Money Can I Expect As A Passenger in a Car Accident?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident and Was Pretty Badly Injured. Do I Have to File a Claim Under Her Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident, but Had No Immediate Injuries. Now, I Feel My Injuries, What Should I Do?
- I Was The Victim of a Hit and Run Accident. What Should I Do Now?
- Should I Release My Medical Records to Another Driver’s Insurance Company?
- What Can You Do If You Are Injured in a Car Accident by an Uninsured Driver?
- What If The Other Driver’s Insurance Company Wants to Take a Recorded Statement?
- What Is A Reportable Accident in Pennsylvania?
- What Is The Difference Between Limited Tort and Full Tort Insurance Coverage?
- What Is The Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania?
- What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident in Erie?
- When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?
- While Driving to Work I Was Hit By Another Vehicle. What Happens If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
- Who May Be At Fault in a Weather Related Accident in Pennsylvania?
I would recommend them to anyone and have.
John is a great attorney. John and his staff promptly return calls and emails when you have questions and concerns not only when the process starts but all the way to completion. John and his staff have been a godsend throughout. I would recommend them to anyone and have.