When should I contact a lawyer after an accident?
The three most important things to do after an accident are call 911, obtain medical assistance and call an attorney.
Answer questions from law enforcement and medical personnel, but do not make statements that indicate you may be wholly or partially at fault for the accident. Anything you say can be turned against you when you are filing a claim for injuries and damages. Speak to a lawyer as soon as you can.
After an accident, do not wait to speak to an attorney at Placidi, Parini, Grasinger & Page. We can provide you with immediate legal advice, inform you of your rights and help determine who was at fault for the collision. Contact an experienced car accident attorney the same day as the crash if that is possible. If you cannot do that, have a family member or friend reach out to us. The sooner you start the process of filing a claim for compensation for your injuries and damages, the sooner you can get your life back on track.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Can A Passenger Be Liable For A Car Accident?
- How Do I Know If The Insurance Company Offered Me Fair Settlement?
- How Much Money Can I Expect As A Passenger in a Car Accident?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident and Was Pretty Badly Injured. Do I Have to File a Claim Under Her Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage?
- I Was Involved in a Car Accident, but Had No Immediate Injuries. Now, I Feel My Injuries, What Should I Do?
- I Was The Victim of a Hit and Run Accident. What Should I Do Now?
- Should I Release My Medical Records to Another Driver’s Insurance Company?
- What Can You Do If You Are Injured in a Car Accident by an Uninsured Driver?
- What If The Other Driver’s Insurance Company Wants to Take a Recorded Statement?
- What Is A Reportable Accident in Pennsylvania?
- What Is The Difference Between Limited Tort and Full Tort Insurance Coverage?
- What Is The Statute of Limitations in Pennsylvania?
- What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident in Erie?
- When Should I Contact A Lawyer After An Accident?
- While Driving to Work I Was Hit By Another Vehicle. What Happens If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?
- Who May Be At Fault in a Weather Related Accident in Pennsylvania?