What Are My Rights in a Big Rig Accident in Pennsylvania?
Interestingly enough, many truck accident survivors are unaware they have the right to file a lawsuit for compensation. However, those aware they may seek compensation often walk away with a low settlement that does not adequately address their injuries and their ability to pay for long-term care. It’s common knowledge that an 80,000-pound truck can inflict significant damage to a smaller vehicle. Injuries sustained in a truck accident can include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, neck and back injuries, internal injuries, paralysis, and possibly death.
Plaintiffs have a right to:
- Medical care;
- Police assistance;
- Contacting a personal injury attorney;
- Seeking legal representation to obtain compensation;
- Hiring an experienced trucking accident attorney;
- Seeking fair and equitable compensation for your injuries;
- Filing an insurance claim;
- Filing a lawsuit;
- Refrain from talking to the trucking company’s lawyer;
- Refrain from speaking to the trucking company’s insurance company;
- Refusing to have recorded calls or interviews with insurance companies;
- Accepting only equitable compensation;
- Calling into question every safety regulation that may have been violated;
- Questioning a driver’s experience;
- Questioning the actual load factor of the truck-accident-lawyer;
- Knowing if the truck was properly maintained;
- Knowing if the trucker was following rules and regulations concerning their time logs;
- Knowing if all the required permits to operate were obtained;
- Knowing if the trucking company adequately trained the driver;
- Knowing what the truck’s onboard black box showed before the accident;
- Knowing the trucker’s safety and driving record;
- Knowing if the driver was impaired in any way;
- Knowing if the truck required permits to cross certain bridges depending on the bridge’s condition and weight restrictions;
- Learning about the trucking company’s history;
- Understanding that it takes time to thoroughly investigate a truck accident and find out what rules and regulations may have been breached;
- Learning about the thin line between negligence and non-compliance; and
- Seeking total compensation and a settlement commensurate with the degree of injuries sustained.
If you want to protect these rights, work with an experienced personal injury truck accident attorney at Placidi, Parini, Grasinger & Page. Having a peace of mind about your lost wages, your trauma, your injuries, and your recovery plan is all that you should expect after a serious bodily injury. Be assured that your life matters, and your Erie personal injury attorney will provide you all critical details to move your personal injury claim forward. Contact us today to get started on building a strong case and seeking the justice you deserve.